1. Navigate to your merchant panel
2. To the left, click on "Settings"
3. Then, click "General"
4. To begin using Order Scheduling, you need to enable this feature in your settings.
5. Force Scheduling: This feature allows all the orders to be scheduled. Customers can only place orders by scheduling the delivery date and time.
6. Set Day Range for Order Scheduling: In this section, you can define the minimum and maximum schedule days. For example, setting Minimum Schedule Days to 0 and Maximum Schedule Days to 30 means customers can schedule an order starting from today up to 30 days in the future.
7. Set Time Range for Order Scheduling: Here, you can specify the opening and closing times during which customers can schedule their orders.
8. Minimum Schedule Hours From Current Time: This feature allows you to define the minimum time interval required before an order can be scheduled from the current time. For example, setting this value to 2 hours means that users will only be able to schedule an order at least 2 hours ahead from the present moment.
9. Slot Span: This setting allows you to define the duration of each time slot for scheduling orders. For instance, you can set a slot span of 30 minutes, providing customers with convenient options to choose from.
10. Slot Booking: Within Order Scheduling, you have the flexibility to enable or disable slot booking. Enabling slot booking allows you to limit the number of bookings per slot, ensuring a manageable workload for your business. By understanding and configuring these settings, you can effectively utilize the Order Scheduling feature to provide your customers with greater convenience and improve their overall experience on your multi vendor marketplace.
11. Under the order configurations section. Put in minimum order value and maximum order value for every order placed in your store.
12. Next, we have an option to enable auto reject order which gives us the option to set time in minutes under which if the order won't be accepted, it would be rejected automatically.
13. Meanwhile you can also enable the auto accept order button, this will allow you to accept all the incoming orders automatically.
14. Moving onto the delivery configurations section. You can enable or disable delivery time display on the storefront for customers.
15. Click here.
16. Fixed allows you to enter a fixed amount which will be charged as delivery fee and the delivery time.
17. Set slabs allows to select unit of measurement as kilometers or miles. Now to add slab you need to set a range, delivery fee and delivery time it will take the driver to complete the delivery. You can add multiple slabs by clicking add new.
18. Now, you can enable or disable delivery tax. If there are taxes on delivery, you can add a percentage to each order.
19. Next, we have a notification section in which we need to input email addresses separated by comma on which we want to receive all the mails related to our online store.
20. Lastly, click "Save"
21. The general settings is successfully configured
22. Now you can explore and configure other settings